- Terry Brady, firstname.lastname@example.org, Georgetown University Library
This presentation will discuss how librarians, developers, and system administrators at Georgetown University are maximizing their use of the public and private GitHub repositories.
In additional to all of the great benefits of using Git for code management, the GitHub interface provides a powerful set of tools to showcase a project and to keep your users informed of developments to your project. These tools can assist with marketing and outreach - turning your code repository into a focus of conversation!
- Style-able Project Pages
- Project Wikis
- Project Release Notes/Portfolios
- Web Resources That Can Be Directly Requested
- Gists for code sharing
- Private Repositories and Organizational Groups
- Pull Request Conversation Tracking
- Customized Issue management
Presentation Slides: Google Slides